1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place 6 cupcake holders in baking tin.
3. In a mixing bowl, add milk and applesauce. Stir until blended.
4. Stir in flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until moistened (do not over mix).
5. Gently stir in the chopped apples.
6. Spoon into cupcake holders.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving. Store unused portions in an airtight container.
NotesOptional toppings: raisins, walnuts
1/2 cup milk, non-fat
MaterialsMuffin tin, mixing bowl, measuring cups, spoon, paper cupcake holders
More About Apples
How to Select
Pick up the apple and gently press a small area of the fruit's skin. It should be firm to the touch. Avoid apples that are noticeably soft, discolored, or indent easily after you press the skin.
How to Store
Apples should be stored in the refrigerator and are best if used within 2 weeks.
How to Prepare
You Might Also Like
Baba Ganoosh (eggplant dip with tahini: ground up sesame seeds) is a popular Middle Eastern dip and a good source of fiber.