1. In a large skillet heat oil and brown chicken on both sides.
2. Add green pepper, onion, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt pepper to taste.
4. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add rice, stir well, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes longer, or until all liquid has been absorbed and chicken is tender.
6. Add peas, cook until hot.
NotesThis meal only costs $6.31, that's $1.05 per serving!!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 chicken (whole, cut up, skin removed)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
3 garlic clove (minced)
2 tomatoes (chopped)
2 1/4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
1 bay leaf
1 cup rice (uncooked)
1 cup peas
salt (to taste, optional)
pepper (to taste, optional)
MaterialsLarge Skillet with lid, Stove, Knife, measuring cups and spoons
More About Bell Pepper
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin. Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days.
How to Prepare
Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauted. Top them on pizzas, throw them on salads or stuff them and bake them for a delicious meal!
You Might Also Like
Full of fiber and natural sweetness, these muffins will fill you up and get you ready for the day ahead! These muffins also freeze well so you can make them ahead of time and take them out as you need them!
Baked Fish with Creole Sauce
An easy fish dish with a flavorful sauce. It is recommended that twice a week you make seafood the main protein food on your plate.