1. Cook pasta using package directions. Make sauce and veggies while pasta cooks.
2. In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and warm water. Stir into a smooth, thin sauce.
3. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves. If using, stir in red pepper flakes.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, add thawed frozen veggies and cup water. Steam in microwave for 3-5 minutes. Drain any excess water.
5. Pour peanut sauce and steamed veggies over cooked, drained pasta. Toss to combine. Serve warm or cold.
NotesTop with sliced cooked chicken breast, firm tofu, or chopped peanuts if you like. Top with any heated leftover veggies you like. Add teaspoon minced garlic or minced ginger to peanut sauce. Try garnishing with rinsed and chopped green onions, cilantro or lime wedges.
1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat pasta
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
4 teaspoons sugar
1 bag frozen vegetables, such as broccoli or snow peas, thawed
Optional Ingredients: 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
MaterialsColander, Large pot, Measuring cups, Measuring spoons, Medium bowl, Microwave-safe bowl
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, blueish green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauted, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli into a stir-fry, add it to salads, use it as a pizza topping or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!
You Might Also Like
Perfect measuring practice for kids! This recipe can be adapted to fit the ingredients your family loves.