1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat 9-inch round baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Wash and chop kale. Chop onion.
3. Heat oil in large frying pan on medium-high. Add onion. Sauet 3 to 5 minutes, until soft and brown.
4. Stir in kale and water. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool.
5. In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Blend in kale mixture.
6. Pour mixture into baking pan.
7. Bake 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let set for 2 to 3 minutes. Slice into wedges.
NotesThis is a dish that kids can help make. A child can help wash kale leaves and tear the leaves in pieces instead of chopping.
Vegetable cooking spray
1 bunch kale (3 cups chopped)
1 large onion (1 cup chopped)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup skim milk
2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese (1/2 cup grated)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Materials9 inch round baking pan, sharp knife, cutting board, large frying pan, mixing spoon, box grater (if shredding cheese), measuring cups, measuring spoons, large bowl
More About Kale
How to Select
Choose dark colored kale bunches with small to medium leaves. Avoid brown or yellow leaves.
How to Store
Store kale in a plastic bag in the coldest part of the fridge for 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Kale can be eaten raw in salads, added to soups, or used in place of another green!
You Might Also Like
Black Bean and Vegetable Quesadillas
Whole wheat tortillas give the classic quesadilla a healthy twist.
Collard Greens with Black Eyed Peas and Tomatoes
This dish is both delicious and packed with nutrients.