1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place frozen blueberries in a 9-inch pie plate. If using fresh blueberries, wash and drain before placing in a 9-inch pie plate.
3. In a small bowl, use a fork to mix margarine, flour, sugar, oats and cinnamon.
4. Sprinkle oat mixture over the blueberries.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes. Enjoy while warm!
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
3 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
2 teaspoons margarine, softened
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Materials9 inch pie plate, mixing bowl, measuring cup, measuring spoon
More About Blueberry
How to Select
Look for berries with a rich color. They should be plump, firm and free of blemishes.
How to Store
Transfer unwashed berries from their original container to a shallow storage container. Keep the berries covered when storing. Wash fresh berries just before using. To freeze blueberries, place them unwashed in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place in the freezer until they are frozen. When frozen, transfer to a zipper-topped freezer bag and return to the freezer until ready to use. Frozen blueberries will keep for up to six months.
How to Prepare
Pop them into your mouth whole, top oatmeal or a parfait with them, or bake them into your favorite treat!
You Might Also Like
Instead of deep-fried, fast-food chicken nuggets try this baked version. Kids can't resist them!