1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease the muffin pans.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir the oil and sugar until creamy.
4. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix until blended.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder,
6. Add the flour mix to the oil and sugar in the large bowl. Stir together.
7. Stir the blueberries into the batter.
8. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk, low-fat
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
MaterialsLarge mixing bowl, mixing spoon, medium mixing bowl, muffin pans
More About Blueberry
How to Select
Look for berries with a rich color. They should be plump, firm and free of blemishes.
How to Store
Transfer unwashed berries from their original container to a shallow storage container. Keep the berries covered when storing. Wash fresh berries just before using. To freeze blueberries, place them unwashed in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place in the freezer until they are frozen. When frozen, transfer to a zipper-topped freezer bag and return to the freezer until ready to use. Frozen blueberries will keep for up to six months.
How to Prepare
Pop them into your mouth whole, top oatmeal or a parfait with them, or bake them into your favorite treat!