1. Mix eggs, milk and seasonings in a bowl.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
3. Stir in the eggs and cook until firm.
4. Warm the tortillas on a griddle, or wrap in foil and heat in the oven.
5. Warm the refried beans in a separate pan.
6. On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of refried beans, eggs, cheese, and tomato.
7. Roll the burrito, cut in half, and enjoy!
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
NotesTry your favorite salsa in place of the tomato. Use other vegetables that you have in the refrigerator, such as green or red bell peppers, or cooked corn. Serve with guacamole or light sour cream.
1/4 cup 1% milk
salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 cup fat-free refried beans
1/2 cup (4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
MaterialsSkillet Cutting board Foil Large bowl Measuring cups Measuring spoons Mixing spoon
More About Cherry Tomatoes
How to Select
Choose cherry tomatoes with firm, bright skins and a fresh, tomato-y scent. Seriously, like all tomatoes, cherry tomatoes should smell distinctly like you hope they'll taste.
How to Store
Like all tomatoes, cherry tomatoes dislike a chill. Keep cherry tomatoes at room temperature for the best flavor and to avoid the mealy texture that can result from putting them in the refrigerator. I like to keep them in a bowl on the counter for super easy, healthful snacking.
How to Prepare
Small tomatoes are great to toss in salads or with pasta for a fresh, summer flavor. Sauteed "bursted" tomatoes are fantastic with pasta or as a side dish.
You Might Also Like
Cuban Baked Bananas
Fruit for dessert is a great way to have a healthy sweet treat. The addition of nuts and dried fruit add fiber and crunch.
Very Veggie Pizza
The kids will love helping make this recipe. The pizza can be topped with all your favorite veggies!