1. Cook bacon, cool and crumble into a bowl (if using regular bacon).
2. Cut broccoli tops into bite-sized pieces. Add to bacon or bacon bits.
3. Add onion and cheese and mix together.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, vinegar, and mayonaise. Add to broccoli mixture and mix well.
5. Chill serveral hours. Stir before serving.
1 large bunch broccoli, just tops
1/2 lb. turkey bacon or 2 tbsp. bacon bits
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup light mayonnaise
1 small red onion, diced
1 (4 oz.) package grated mozzarella cheese
MaterialsCutting board, knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, bowl, spoon
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, blueish green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauted, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli into a stir-fry, add it to salads, use it as a pizza topping or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!
You Might Also Like
Baba Ganoosh (eggplant dip with tahini: ground up sesame seeds) is a popular Middle Eastern dip and a good source of fiber.