1. Combine the chicken broth, cornstarch, and soy sauce in a bowl. Blend well. set aside.
2. In a large skillet over high heat, add oil. When oil is hot, add vegetables.
2. Cook and stir vegetables for 2-3 minutes until tender-crisp.
4. Lower heat to medium-high, and add the chicken. Stir and heat through.
5. Add the broth mixture and stir until the sauce is simmering.
6. Cover and cook for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
NotesTry serving over half a cup or brown rice.
2/3 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained and rinsed
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2-3 tablespoons canola oil
1 (10 ounce) can chicken drained, rinsed and flaked or 10 ounces cooked chicken breast
2 medium ribbed celery sliced (~1 cup)
2 medium carrots, sliced (~1 cup)
1 cup sliced green or red peppers (~1 medium pepper)
MaterialsBowl, cutting board, knife, large skillet, spoon
More About Bell Pepper
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin. Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days.
How to Prepare
Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauted. Top them on pizzas, throw them on salads or stuff them and bake them for a delicious meal!
You Might Also Like
Baked Fish with Creole Sauce
An easy fish dish with a flavorful sauce. It is recommended that twice a week you make seafood the main protein food on your plate.