1. Rinse and remove cores from apples. Do not peel. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in medium bowl.
2. Add dried fruit and yogurt to bowl. Mix well.
3. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast nuts until golden brown and fragrant. Watch closely so they do not burn. Remove from pan and let cool.
5. Chop cooled nuts with a knife. Or, put in a plastic bag and crush with a can.
6. Add crushed nuts to bowl. If using, add honey. Toss and serve.
NotesAny kind of apples can be used in this recipe; a variety of colors makes it look best! The walnuts cane be replaced with any other nut or left out in case of an allergy.
2 medium Granny Smith apples
2 Tablespoons dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries, or dried currants
3 Tablespoons plain, low-fat yogurt
1 Tablespoon whole, shelled walnuts
1 Tablespoon honey, optional
Materialscutting board, measuring spoons, medium bowl, sharp knife, small skillet
You Might Also Like
Butternut Squash Quick Bread
Packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins, this delicious bread is perfect for dessert or a snack!