1. Rinse and remove cores from apples. Do not peel. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in medium bowl.
2. Add dried fruit and yogurt to bowl. Mix well.
3. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast nuts until golden brown and fragrant. Watch closely so they do not burn. Remove from pan and let cool.
5. Chop cooled nuts with a knife. Or, put in a plastic bag and crush with a can.
6. Add crushed nuts to bowl. If using, add honey. Toss and serve.
NotesAny kind of apples can be used in this recipe; a variety of colors makes it look best! The walnuts cane be replaced with any other nut or left out in case of an allergy.
2 medium Granny Smith apples
2 Tablespoons dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries, or dried currants
3 Tablespoons plain, low-fat yogurt
1 Tablespoon whole, shelled walnuts
1 Tablespoon honey, optional
Materialscutting board, measuring spoons, medium bowl, sharp knife, small skillet
You Might Also Like
Cheesy Spinach Cornbread
Your kids will love this cornbread served with your family's favorite chili recipe!