1. Use leftover cooked chicken, or cook enough chicken to make 2 cups of chicken pieces.
2. Chop the celery into small pieces.
3. Chop the green pepper into small pieces.
4. Peel and chop 1/4 of an onion.
5. Peel and chop half of a cucumber.
6. Chop the apple into pieces. Its okay to leave the peel on the apple.
7. Cut the grapes in half.
8. Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together.
NotesServe on lettuce, crackers, or bread.
2 cups cooked chicken (chunked)
1/2 cup celery
1/4 cup green pepper
1/4 onion 1/2 cucumber
1/2 cup grapes
1 apple (small, diced, leave the peel on)
1/4 cup yogurt, plain
MaterialsKnife, cutting board, large bowl
More About Celery
How to Select
Choose firm, tightly packed stalks with medium-thick ribs that are crisp enough to break apart easily. The leaves should not be wilted and they should be a bright, yet pale green color
How to Store
Celery should be stored in the refrigerator. Store leftover celery by wrapping in plastic wrap or storing in an airtight container not made from metal in the refrigerator.
How to Prepare
To wash celery, pull a celery stalk off the bunch and rinse it under cold water, rubbing with fingers or a vegetable brush to remove any grit or dirt. Trim off the bottom edge (the wider part of the celery stalk) and the top part wit h the leaves. Throw the bottom part away; the top part can be used as celery sticks or chopped up for salads, casseroles, or soups. Cut the cleaned and trimmed stalk into sticks or chop into small pieces.
You Might Also Like
Full of fiber and natural sweetness, these muffins will fill you up and get you ready for the day ahead! These muffins also freeze well so you can make them ahead of time and take them out as you need them!