1. Preheat the griddle over medium heat, or set an electric frying pan at 375 degrees.
2. Put eggs, milk, and vanilla in a pie pan or shallow bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
3. Grease the griddle or pan with a thin layer of oil or use nonstick spray.
4. Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture and cook on the hot griddle or frying pan.
5. Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn the bread over to cook the other side. It will take about 4 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with syrup, applesauce, fruit slices, or jam
NotesMay use pancake syrup or reduced calorie syrup in place of maple syrup.
1/2 cup non-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 slices whole wheat bread
Syrup or other toppings (optional)
MaterialsGriddle or frying pan, shallow bowl, fork, flipper
You Might Also Like
Butternut Squash Risotto
Butternut squash adds a nice splash of color and nutrition to this recipe. Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamin A & C as well as a good source of fiber and potassium.