1. Steam green beans until crisp tender.
2. Place the beans, potatoes and scallions in a medium bowl.
3. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
4. Pour dressing over salad. Toss gently to mix the ingredients well.
5. Cover the salad and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
1 pound green beans, cut into 2 pieces
12-16 small red potatoes, diced and boiled
2 scallions (green onions), chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider or red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp oregano
MaterialsPot, mixing bowl, mixing spoon, knife, jar or covered container
More About Green Bean
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent. Avoid green beans that feel too soft. One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days. Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop or microwave or add them directly to soups, stews or other recipes.
You Might Also Like
Apple Pistachio Crisp
Fruit-based desserts can contribute to making half your plate fruits and veggies. True to their name, Honey-crisp apples are sweet and crunchy, perfectly delicious raw, but also ideal in baking. And their sweetness lends potential to reducing added sugar, as we did with this apple crisp.