- Preheat oven to 400° .
- Chop onion.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Form 8-10 meatballs and place on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, until well done.
Hot Pot Cabbage
- Wash and chop cabbage. Mince garlic. Chop onion.
- Heat oil in large pot on medium. Add garlic and onion. Saute 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cabbage. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in cabbage and cook 5 minutes.
- To serve, add cooked meatballs to cabbage mixture.
NotesTip: Keep it fresh! You can store raw cabbage in the refrigerator up to a few weeks!
1 small onion (1/4 cup minced)
1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup skim milk
1 /2 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
Hot Pot Cabbage
1 pound cabbage ( 4 cups chopped) 2 cloves garlic
1 onion ( 1 /2 cup chopped)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
I /2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 /2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
MaterialsIngredients, mixing bowl, knife, baking sheet, cooking pot
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days. Store the whole head of cabbage in a plastic bag or wrap it in plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Do not slice the cabbage until you are ready to use it. Slicing the cabbage will cause it to go bad faster, so plan on using it within a day. If you only need half of a head, place the remaining half in a plastic bag and shake a few drops of water onto the cut side. Close the bag and refrigerate.
How to Prepare
Clean your cabbage by removing the outer layer of leaves. Cut your cabbage head into quarters and then rinse under cold running water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled which is called sauerkraut.