1. Wash hands thoroughly.
2. Wash bell pepper and onion. Dice.
3. Coat pan with cooking spray and fry bell pepper and onion over medium-high heat for a few minutes until tender.
4. Put vegetables into another container and set aside.
5. In bowl, use fork to whisk 8 egg whites and 2 yolks (or egg substitute), salt, pepper, and milk.
6. Grate cheese. Open beans.
7. Place frying pan on medium heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
8. Pour egg mixture into pan. Scrape from edges to center for 20 seconds.
9. Let eggs cook until firm.
10. Spread beans onto one-half of eggs. Add vegetables and salsa.
11. Fold egg onto mixture (like a taco). Sprinkle cheese on top.
12. Carefully slide omelet onto plate. Cut into quarters and serve.
1 bell pepper
8 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
2 tablespoons nonfat milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 ounces nonfat cheese
1/3 cup nonfat refried beans
1/3 cup salsa
MaterialsCutting Board, Sharp Knife, Frying pan, 2 Medium bowls, Fork, Cheese grater, Spatula, Measuring spoons, Measuring cups
More About Bell Pepper
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin. Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days.
How to Prepare
Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauted. Top them on pizzas, throw them on salads or stuff them and bake them for a delicious meal!
You Might Also Like
Perfect measuring practice for kids! This recipe can be adapted to fit the ingredients your family loves.