1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly toast English muffin.
3. Spread English muffin with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce.
4. Add cheese and pizza toppings of your choice.
5. Bake 5-7 minutes until muffin is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
6. Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
NotesTry a variety of fruits and vegetables such as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, and tomato
1/2 whole wheat English muffin
MaterialsBaking sheet, oven, spoon, knife, cutting board
More About Mushroom
How to Select
Avoid mushrooms with "bruises" or ones that are shriveling. Avoid any mushroom that feels slimy. You want stems that are firm and have a uniform color.
How to Store
Store in a paper bag in the refrigerator. If storing in plastic, make sure the plastic has holes in it so moisture isn't trapped.
How to Prepare
Wash mushrooms thoroughly before use. Use them in stir frys, casseroles and soups or throw fresh mushrooms on top of a salad!
You Might Also Like
Main Dish Taco Salad
This salad is hearty enough to serve as a meal. This recipe can easily be made with any veggies you have on hand!
Almond Rice Pudding
Almonds are a good source of healthy fats, fiber and protein. Using brown rice will also include more whole grains in your diet.