1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Scrub and rinse sweet potatoes. Pat dry with a paper or kitchen towel.
3. Leaving skin on, cut sweet potatoes into thick French fry strips, about -inch wide.
4. In a large bowl, mix paprika, salt, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add oil. Blend with a fork until there are no lumps.
5. Add sweet potato strips to the bowl. Toss until they are coated on all sides.
6. Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on the sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn fries over and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until fries are tender.
NotesFor easier cleanup, line the baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil. Coat with non-stick cooking spray before placing the sweet potatoes on the sheet. White baking potatoes can be used in place of all or part of the sweet potatoes. For milder flavor, dust the potatoes with 1 teaspoons of curry powder and teaspoon of salt in place of the cayenne seasoning. For the crispiest fries, be sure sweet potatoes do not lie on top of each other on the baking sheet. You may need to cook in two batches
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon canola oil
Non-stick cooking spray
MaterialsBaking sheet, cutting board, fork, large bowl, measuring spoons, sharp knife
More About Sweet Potato
How to Select
Look for small to medium sweet potatoes, which are sweet and creamy. (The larger ones tend to be starchier.) The skin should be firm, smooth, and even-toned.
How to Store
Avoid storing sweet potatoes in the refrigerator, which will produce a hard center and unpleasant taste. Instead, store your sweet potatoes in a cool, dry, well ventilated container.Avoid storing sweet potatoes in the refrigerator, which will produce a hard center and unpleasant taste. Instead, store your sweet potatoes in a cool, dry, well ventilated container.
How to Prepare
Drizzle the oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper over the potatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in oven or until tender. Or bake and serve in place of a baked potato.
You Might Also Like
Bow Tie Pasta with Zucchini Sauce
Grating zucchini for this dish will definitely make kids excited about this dish.
Butternut Squash Risotto
Butternut squash adds a nice splash of color and nutrition to this recipe. Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamin A & C as well as a good source of fiber and potassium.
Apple Pistachio Crisp
Fruit-based desserts can contribute to making half your plate fruits and veggies. True to their name, Honey-crisp apples are sweet and crunchy, perfectly delicious raw, but also ideal in baking. And their sweetness lends potential to reducing added sugar, as we did with this apple crisp.