1. Scrub and rinse radishes and carrots. Rinse salad greens. Pat all veggies dry.
2. Use a vegetable peeler to peel radishes and carrots into long, thin strips. In a medium bowl, collect veggie strips.
3. Rinse herbs. Pluck leaves off stems. Tear leaves into smaller pieces.
4. Rinse lemon. Zest using the small holes of a box grater. Cut in half and remove seeds.
5. Grate cheese.
6. Slice avocado lengthwise. Remove pit. Scoop avocado out of shell.
7. In a small bowl, use a fork to mash avocado. Stir in yogurt.
8. Squeeze a little lemon juice onto avocado mixture. Add herbs and a pinch of lemon zest. Stir.
9. Warm 1 tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds, or longer as needed.
10. Place the warm tortilla on a cutting board. Spread 1/8 avocado mixture over center of tortilla. Layer with 1/8 greens, 1/8 grated veggies, and 1/8 cheese. If using turkey, add 1/8 turkey now. Squeeze more lemon juice over the mixture.
11. Roll tortilla and toppings into a log shape. Use a knife to slice wrap into four pinwheels.
12. Repeat process for the other 2 tortillas. You will end up with a total of 12 pinwheels.
NotesThese wraps can be made with whatever veggies you have on hand! Try using 1 cup of homemade guacamole instead of the avocado or a light salad dressing instead of the yogurt!
4 large radishes
1 small carrot
1 cup salad greens 3 sprigs fresh herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro, or combination)
1 lemon 2 ounces low-fat Swiss or cheddar cheese
1 large, ripe avocado
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
3 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
Optional Ingredients: 5 ounces thinly sliced roasted turkey
MaterialsBox grater, medium bowl, measuring cups, sharp knife, small bowl and vegetable peeler.
More About Radish
How to Select
Choose smooth, brightly colored, medium sized radishes. Attached tops should be green and fresh looking.
How to Store
Refridgerate radishes in a plastic bag for use within one week. Remove tops before storing.
How to Prepare
Wash, then chop off the greens, if present, and slice off the root. Leave whole, slice or chop, as required. Always prepare radishes just before using, as they loose their potency when cut.
You Might Also Like
Asian Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce
Frozen veggies add a nutritious, delicious bite to this dish.