1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly oil or spray with pan spray the baking sheet or pizza pan.
2. Measure whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour into mixing bowl. Add yeast and salt. Stir.
3. Add water, oil, and honey; beat 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth.
4. Add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour; mix well. Continue adding flour until dough is not too sticky to handle.
5. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead until soft and small bubbles form on surface.
6. Shape dough into ball. Cover with a clean towel. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Grate cheese. Prepare other toppings.
8. Gently stretch dough to desired shape. Top with tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings.Bake 15 to 20 minutes
NotesCreate your own veggie combos or try one of these: • black beans, corn, and onion • spinach or kale and mushrooms • broccoli and grated carrot • green pepper and tomato • garlic and grated sweet potato or butternut squash
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 to 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon fast-acting yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup + 2 tablespoons warm water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons honey
8 ounce block (2 cups shredded) part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 (or more!) veggies of your choice for topping
Materialsdry and liquid measuring cups, measuring spoons, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, grater, knife, cutting board, can opener, colander/strainer, baking sheet or 15-inch pizza pan, flat spatula, oven, potholders
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, blueish green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauted, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli into a stir-fry, add it to salads, use it as a pizza topping or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!
You Might Also Like
Butternut Squash Risotto
Butternut squash adds a nice splash of color and nutrition to this recipe. Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamin A & C as well as a good source of fiber and potassium.
Peanut Butter and Banana Pockets
Kids will love helping to make and eat these delicious pockets! Enjoy as a snack, in a lunch or as a healthy dessert!